We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our website or app, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may update this policy from time to time and so you should review it periodically.
Last updated: 27/11/2019.
What information do we collect?
Through our website, we may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Additional information from your interaction with our social media channels
Through our app, we may collect the following information:
- Name and mobile number
- Your identifiable features
- Details of your vehicle
- Your location information
No payment details or passwords are collected.
What do we do with your information?
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To improve our user functionality on the site, providing you with a better service.
- To improve our products and service offerings.
- From time to time, we may contact you by phone or e-mail for market research purposes.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may periodically send promotional e-mails about special offers, product updates or information which we think you may find interesting using the e-mail address which you have provided.
- We use your personal details and location information on our app to enable the appropriate emergency response to be sent to your location.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How do we store your information?
All information is stored in a secure central database in the “cloud” (on Amazon AWS virtual servers) and transmitted securely across networks. This information will be accessible only to those who are authorised to view it including administrators who work for the company for the purpose of running and maintaining a lone worker protection service. Users who have the permissions will be able to see your location (where the app is active on your device or working in the background) and thus will be able to track and locate you. They will also be able to see the other information you have provided such as your personal details and records of any existing medical conditions.
Pick Protection Limited will only transmit this information where this is necessary for the functioning of the product. We will transmit details of users including personal details to third-party company Fenix Monitoring for the purpose of the provision of Lone Worker Alarm response via their BS: 8484 accredited Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) where lone worker alerts can be managed and directed.
This information will be given to Fenix (where they are the designated ARC) so that they know how to direct a response quickly and efficiently based on the details of the user. How Fenix Monitoring handle this information is governed by their own internal policies but should comply with the agreed British Standards they have signed up to, which means that your information should be kept secure.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Once you click on these links and leave our site, we have no control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Third party agents
By using our apps and services you agree that liability for any unauthorised disclosures of your information by third party companies shall lie with those companies and not with Pick Protection Limited.
You must be 13 years of age or older to download our apps online and in mobile app stores including but not limited to iTunes and Google Play. You can refer to the Apple and Google terms of service regarding who is allowed to hold an account.
Pick Protection Limited is not responsible for the information collected by third-party stores. For further information, we advise that you should also check the privacy policies of these above mentioned third parties.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights. This includes protecting the rights, property, or safety of other persons; to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us; or in connection with an actual or proposed corporate transaction or insolvency proceeding involving all or part of the business or assets to which the information pertains.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Where you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can tick to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes.
- If you change your mind after subscribing, you can unsubscribe from future e-mails by clicking the unsubscribe link which is located at the bottom of every e-mail.
- You can also contact us to have your e-mail address removed from our list by e-mailing email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please e-mail us as soon as possible.
Subject access request
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018 for free. To make a subject access request for the data we hold about you, you may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the following address:
Pick Protection Limited
30 Gordon Street